I have moved!

Please go to http://verypurpleperson.com/ Thank you so much! ^_^

Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's so ugly it's... pretty?

I never thought much about these kind of boots before, I thought they were kind of bulky and sloppy-looking. Nevertheless, I bought a cheap pair for Sidra last winter, purely for the functional reason to keep his feet warm. He really liked his boots and insisted to wear them everywhere he went. Seeing him running around happily in his ugg boots, I guess it's just kinda... grew on me. I began to think about buying a pair for myself, but still hesitated a bit much.

Unfortunately, Sidra's boots didn't last long, the soles wore off pretty quickly and the seams crumbled apart. I guess the quality came with the price. I haven't got the chance to find a pair of adult version with better quality when winter was suddenly over, and these boots are disappearing from the stores and my mind.

But recently I saw these black uggs in this galadarling's post and they won't leave my mind. And yesterday, Sarah from Whoogaboots contacted me and wrote that they are offering gift cards to my readers. This is the brand of the black uggs that I saw in that post!

Their quality is pretty good so they're a bit pricey, around $117.00 USD for a pair of classic tall boots made from Australian Merino sheepskin. But I found out in their website that they also have a range of synthetic ugg boots with 50% wool and 50% synthetic which are much cheaper.

So, if you're also interested in buying a pair, just visit Whoogaboots at www.whoogaboots.co.uk and enter the code VERYPURPLE into the box in the cart and get $30 USD (£19 GBP) discount. This offer will expire in 4 months, but other than that, there are no conditions on it and they do ship to all countries.
I still haven't made up my mind about these boots, sure they look cute on a six years old boy, but would they look good on his mother too? And if I really would buy a pair, I'd stay away from the tan ones like Sidra had. Right now I'm having my eye fixed on this black short ones or this pretty black weave ones. To buy, or not to buy? This is always the hardest part, and I rarely win.
Uggs